Happy Monday! Its the start of another week and I am daydreaming about Spring Attire! I just had to do a product wrap up of some of my fav finds so far for Spring and life in general.. just click the links! After that, I have a life journey (so far) post if at all interested, or just curious about chasing after a degree in Fashion.
- These insanely cute embellished jeans ON major sale from Anthro. I recommend waiting until they have their additional percentage off clearance to purchase.
- Benefits new mascara that I went out in, slept with, and spent the whole next day with it looking JUST. AS. GOOD.
- These velvet Aerie high waisted bikini bottoms I will be rocking on spring break.
- Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer, I always heard it was great but it took me until recently to truly try it. I now wear it every single day.
- Anyone else have a peach fuzz mustache? I went and purchased one of those mini razors from Remington and love playing with it. Dont worry, the stache is gone!
- These crazy chunky perfect Free People Sunnies!
- The Revel by Thursday Boot Co. You guys already know how much I love these boots if you know me…. I wear them in all seasons everywhere all the time.
- In picture: Topshop Sweater, J Brand Jeans, Thursday Boots.
LIFE UPDATE HERE
So I, like many other college students about to graduate in a few months, am wondering a number of things….
- What do I do now?
- How did it happen so fast?
- Where do I move?
I have spent enough time stressed out about this life where everything works out perfect and my dream job magically appears. I have done everything from my first big move in High School (going to Philly over the summer for design classes) to moving to Ohio to go to Kent Fashion School. This led to a summer in Chicago and semester in Italy! I have accomplished so much yet I always feel like its never enough and I need the next adventure and step. I guess this post is just about appreciating how far you have come. Yes, this is about my adventures, but I know some people forget to reflect as well. We spend too much energy focusing on the future when we really should be looking at the present and what brought us to where we are today! I also hope this is helpful if you or someone you know wants to pursue a degree in Fashion.
These are some of the most transformative experiences I have completed so far, and hope to bring with me in the future endeavors post graduation!
- A summer at Moore College of Art and Design in Philadelphia. If you are at all interested in pursuing a career in Fashion Merchandising or Design they have some great programs where you can gain real college experience and credits. I completed this journey the summer after my Junior year of High School. I was aching for an adventure somewhere new and I was lucky enough to be supported by my parents as I followed my childhood dream of a career in Fashion. Here I learned how to be on my own for the first time in a big city, make new connections and friends, and study in a college level environment
- Next I graduated from my preppy (boring) High School and moved to Ohio. Somewhere so blase from what I expected. I remember in Anatomy class I was looking into moving to California, however I told myself to stay somewhat closer to home and went after a degree at the best fashion school nearby, Kent State. The first year at Kent was anything but perfect. I knew I was exploring my passions but I just didn’t feel like I felt into Ohio at all. However, I knew if I stuck it out I would be able to study abroad at the Kent campus in Florence, and boy am I glad I did.
- The following years at Kent were great, I met super close friends, started interning wherever I could (Summer in Chicago), and dreamt of the future studies I would have the Spring of my Junior year in Florence, Italy
- HELLLS to the yes. The semester was pure gold. I loved Italy, I loved traveling, I loved new experiences. Don’t get my wrong, the semester had its downs (I broke my arm) but nothing could take away from this experience. I highly recommend anyone, in any degree to take advantage of studying away.
- Finally, this brings me to my senior year. Senior year has been a tough one, and definitely not my favorite. I guess coming back to Ohio after the high of Italy was hard. On top of that I have to now decide what to do, where to move, and find a job. With that being said there is also more to be thankful than ever before, this is because I am surrounded by so many amazing people in Kent I would of never knew existed if I transferred my Freshman year.
You might of not read this all the way through, and thats ok. But if there is anything that I want someone to get out of this it is that success is the journey, not necessarily the final destination. AND there are so many downs. BUT the ups make it all worth it!
So how do I answer the three questions at the top of the post? Well I am not completely sure yet, pretty sure I am going to jump head first into another adventure and move to NYC, but I do know I am going to enjoy the lumpy bumps and work my tush off on the way there!! I also am looking to connect with girls who can share their city adventures and big moves to tell me what to do!
Keep you guys updated…